South Floridian has the Winter Blues
My friends & family are already tired of hearing me complain about the snow and cold weather in Cincinnati. I know the North East has it worse.. but it doesn’t make me feel any better.
As I sit here, with a glass of wine at hand (A Spanish Crianza “Castillo de Fuendejalon” from ’06 I found for $10), moping and upset about the foot of snow outside and my cold feet, I am trying to find ways of making it better. So let’s brainstorm…
1. Enjoy a glass of wine (doing in moderation of course.)
2. Bring the laptop by the fireplace so I can get some work done
3. make a pot of soup or chili — comfort food on a long winter day!
4. update your blog
5. play a board game with the family
6. rent or order a movie using pay per view (so you don’t have to leave the house).
7. make smores & hot chocolate
8. Close your eyes and visualize the warm ocean air while on a yacht cruising the waterways in Miami, FL.
Ahh.. I guess thinking about all the blessings I have is making me feel a lot better. Still cold… still going to be a pain in the ‘rear’ until Spring …
Come on mother nature, bring on the 40 – 50 degree weather.