1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 to 1 cup soy beans
1/2 to 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
1/4 to 1/2 of 1 orange pepper
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of Roasted Garlic (or regular) Olive Oil
1/2 tsp each, dried Basil, Oregano and Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
Avocado and/or Parmesan or Feta cheese (optional)
1. Thoroughly rinse Quinoa under cool water to remove any powdery residue to remove the bitter resin-like coating (called saponin).
2. In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and Quinoa to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add soy beans, return cover and cook for another 6 minutes or so, or until all the water is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat, uncover and allow to cool while you’re preparing the rest of the ingredients.
4. Grill Zucchini and allow to cool a few minutes before you cut, set aside.
5. Quarter the cherry tomatoes dice the pepper and chop up the fresh parsley.
6. To put salad together, fold in vegetables and mix in the oil, vinegar, dried herbs and salt & pepper.
Top with sliced avocado or shredded Parmesan or Feta if desired.
See video on making Quinoa Salad on Fox19’s morning show