1/4 Cup flour
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tilapia Fillets
Kosher salt and pepper
1 small shallot, minced
1/3 cup white wine
1 tablespoons butter
Juice from ½ large lemon
1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- Place flour in shallow baking dish or pie plate and set aside.
- Season both sides of fillet with salt & pepper and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Coat both sides of fillet with flour and shake off excess and place them on a separate plate
- Heat Olive Oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet until oil is shimmering, but not smoking, reduce temperature to medium high
- Saute fillets, 3 – 4 minutes on each side, reducing temperature to medium half way through
- Move fish to platter and cover with foil to keep warm
- Add butter, melt
- Add shallots and saute for about 2 minutes
- Slowly add white wine and reduce liquid, about 2 – 4 minutes
- Remove sauce pan from burner and pour into another container, through a small strainer to discard shallot.
- Whisk in lemon and parsley
- Pour sauce over fish