Here’s a quick and easy dessert that is sure to be a winner with both adults and kids. These are chocolate covered pieces of apple with crushed pretzels.
I demonstrated how quick & easy you can make this dessert on Fox19 Cincinnati in 2010 or 2011. I have not measured out the ingredients perfectly, please alter as you need.
Chocolate Covered Apple Bites
Sweet & Salty pairs perfectly with any type of apples.
- 1 Classic Fruit Slicer
- 5 small apples red delicious, gala or fuji
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 bar chocolate
- Crush Pretzels in a large bowl and set aside
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler
- Cut apples in bit sized pieces: cut the end off each side, cut in half and then use the fruit slicer to get even sized pieces. Youtube video shows you how.
- Use a paper towel to dry each apple piece
- Stick a toothpick in each apple piece
- Dip each apple piece into the melted chocolate, and then coat with the crushed pretzels.
- Allow to cool and harden on parchment paper or a Silpat.