Turkey Chili with Red Kidney Beans
1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 orange, yellow or red bell peppers, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 container of Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken
1 12 oz can of beer
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Shredded Cheese, Avocado & Sour Cream as desired for toppings (Optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil, saute the onions, garlic, bell peppers and carrots over medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add ground turkey to pan and cook until browned.
3. Add seasonings, mix well into the meat and onion mixture.
4. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, and beer. Add in the drained kidney beans.
5. Allow mixture to come to a boil, reduce temperature to low. Cover and allow to simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.