I came up with today’s soup recipe from the fall vegetables delivered from our local farm. Measurements may not be exact, if you’re a foodie like me, hopefully this recipe will give you some great ideas. Let me know what you think!
Spicy Fall Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1/2 Red pepper diced
- 2 Carrots peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 32 oz low sodium vegetable broth
- 14 oz chick peas
- 1/2 small pumpkin peeled & diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- Crush garlic and ginger with kosher salt in a mortar and pestle until ground. Add spices, salt and pepper
- Add olive oil to a large sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat. Sautee onion, peppers, carrots, and garlic/ginger mixture until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Add tomato paste and mix for about 1 minute
- Add in vegetable broth, chick peas, pumpkin and zucchini.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook until pumpkin and zucchini are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!